1/27/2010

Sopes (Soap-pez)

On Saturday we had the privilege as a family to go to one of our newer church families home and eat something called sopes. Miguel and Lourdes and their family are another extended result of our English ministry. They live across the street where we hold our summer English classes. Lourdes and Miguel are now saved and are in the middle of the Bible Overview study with Sam. I've told some of our church ladies that I'd like to learn some more Mexican dishes. Lourdes took me up on the offer. Sopes are delicious! They are like a tostada in that you leave the tortilla flat and put stuff on top. A sope however has to be taken off the griddle immediately and then you form a crust around the edge to hold the yummies. Then you fry it in pork lard before spreading beans and other delicious toppings. The look on my face is that of pain. My nerves in my fingers were feeling the heat on Saturday. I've decided that I have very sensitive fingers. I can't tell you how wonderful sopes are!!!!!!!




No comments: