2/16/2011

Ellen Hornbrook's Homegoing

Several words come to mind when describing my mother in-law:  gracious, humble, loving and hospitable are just a few.  I've had such a privilege being in the same family with her.  I"ll be honest, years ago (1984), I was blown away with my mother in-law.  So much so that I decided that I could never measure up to all that she was.  Sam, myself and a friend, Kandie (Johnston)Stilwell, went down to Mexico in 1984 so that I could see what I was getting myself into by marrying Sam.  I came back feeling like I could never do what I saw my mother in-law do.  I felt inadequate for the job of: missionary wifery.  Sam was good to convince me that I could learn to do what every missionary wife and mother has had to do.  I still fall way behind when it comes to all that my mother in-law has done all these 50 plus years here in Mexico.  I'm so thankful that I got to rub shoulders with my mother in-law.  Not all the Hornbrook sister in-laws have gotten as much time with Mom as Ruth and I have due to living here in Mexico.  We all however got to experience her love and kindness.  Mom was quick to jump up.  Ellen was also quick to play with her grandchildren.  I have fond memories of her playing dolls with my girls and legos with our son.  She always brought a special book up to read to the children when she and Sam Sr. came to Mexico City.  Our children always looked forward to her yummy desserts that she also brought along.  We miss Ellen tremendously but we know that God hasn't allowed something to happen to us that we can't handle.  And we know that good will come from this.



There were so many flowers.

4 comments:

Angela said...

What a beautiful tribute to such a wonderful lady and example for all of us! Thanks, Jamie! Love and miss you and have been praying for you!

Mark Alan Williams said...

Hi, thanks for the update and tribute to your mom.

I am a friend of Sam's from Reynoldsburg church. Now i am a missionary also living in California. We train leaders for church planting.

Ellen and Sam impacted my life.

Gratefully,
Mark

Dr. Mark Williams
Vice President
Dynamic Church Planting Intl.
Oceanside, CA
www.dcpi.org
760-940-2640
markwilliams@dcpi.org

Container said...

شركة عزل بالرياض لدنا بموقع الشركة كل انواع العزل المائي والحراري لكافة الأحتياجات شركة عزل الاسطح بالرياض لديها افضلية أنواع العزل المائي والحراري وكافة الأنواع لاستخدامها في عزل الاسطح وعزل الخزانات وعزل الحمامات شركة عزل بالرياض لديها فريق مدرب علي اعلي مستوي من الخبرة الكافية لتؤهلة ليحتل ان يكون افضل شركة عزل بالرياض عزل الاسطح الخرسانية والحمامات وكافة الاماكن التي تحتاج الي اعمال العزل متواجدة لدينا ويمكنا ان تقوم بعزلها بصورة طبيعية وجيدة شركة عزل الخزانات الأرضية والعلوية مهمتنا فقط اتصلو بنا وسوف نصلكم في الحال شركة عزل الاسطحشركة عزل الخزاناتشركة عزل الحماماتشركة عزل بالرياضافضل شركة عزل بالرياضعزل مائيشركة عزل حراري>هذا الاعلان مقدم من alomrancoo.comhttp://alomrancoo.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D8%B2%D9%84-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6

Container said...

شركة لحام خزانات المياه بالرياضافضل شركة متخصصة في لحام خزانات المياه بالرياض نقوم بعمل لحام لجميع الكسور والشروخ المتواجدة بجدران الخزانات والاجناب للحفاظ علي المياه التي تهدر كل يوم شركة لحام خزانات المياه بالرياض لديها الخبرة الكبيرة التي تجعلها أفضل شركة متخصصة في لحام خزانات المياه الفايبر والخزانات البلاستيك بالرياض .
عند ظهور مشاكل بالخزانات الفايبر يجب الاتصال سريعا علي شركة العمران للحام خزانات المياه بالرياض لحل تلك المشكلة سريعا للحفاظ علي المكان المكسور وعدم اتساعة مرة أخري شركة صيانة ولحام خزانات المياه بالرياض هي شركة لديها جميع انواع المواد التي يمكن ان تقوم بأصلاح الخزانات الفايبر والخزانات البلاستيك بكل سهولة ويسر .
لحام خزانات المياه بالرياض تتوفر لدينا افضل انواع اللحامات التي تعيش طولا بدون مشاكل مع تعرضها للشمض وتعرضها للامطار شركة لحام خزانات المياه بالرياض لديها دائما الجديد
لحام خزانات المياهاصلاح خزانات المياه
شركة اصلاح الخزانات بالرياضشركة لحام الخزانات بالرياضلحام الخزانات بالرياضتصليح الخزانات بالرياضalomrancoo.com