11/19/2012

One of the best adventure's in my life!

This past weekend we had the privilege of going to Poza Rica, Veracruz.  We were just there the week before last to visit Sam's dad.  It was a wonderful time of visiting.  We went back down to celebrate Emanuel Baptist Church's  40th Anniversary.  What a fantastic time of worship--- Giving glory to God for all that he has done these past 40 years!  Dad Hornbrook is still serving faithfully in this church.  He has taken on training many of the lay folk in Biblical Counseling.  He also is doing a lot of counseling.  The church presented him with an honor this weekend as well.  This year Sam is celebrating 50 years of service with Baptist Mid-Missions.  Wow!  The turnover of missionaries here in Mexico is very big.  To think of a couple serving this long is mind blowing.  My in-laws have had such an impact on so many folks, me included! I have posted pics of this celebration on Facebook. The pics below go with the paragraph below.  (Not sure what happened)

Two City Girls chill in' on the porch!
My good friend Idalia!  Gotcha!
Drying coffee beans on the porch.
Heating up some blue tortillas on the comal.
This makes my mouth water!
Idalia with her parents.  
Me, trying to make you all jealous!

We also took one of my good church friends and her son with us to Veracruz.  Idalia is from a pueblo that is just outside of Poza Rica.  We got to go to her parents house!  It is something I will never forget.  I got to experience tortillas right off the comal.  This is something that is PRICELESS!  I also got to have fresh roasted coffee from their own coffee trees!  Did I mention that the masa that was used to make the tortillas was freshly made from their own corn that they grind themselves?  Just ten years ago this pueblo got electricity.  Think about that for a minute...  My friends go bed when the sun sets and get up when the sun rises.  They are the hardest working folks.  They grow food so that they can live life.  I have been so spoiled.  I think I can't live without my internet and I about have a fit when we lose power.  The joy I experienced standing and sitting around the clay stove is something I hope I never forget.  Life is about pleasing God in everything, even if there aren't many things in your life.  Idalia hadn't seen her parents in over a year.  It was so fun to bring her and her son to see her mom and dad.  We came back to the City with oranges that were picked yesterday!  I have my stash of truly freshly roasted coffee.  I also got some mole that we plan to eat today.  In route to the ranch we encountered a true "cattle crossing".  The cows were on the roads and weren't budging.  Sam had to weave in and around them.  We enjoyed seeing the rolling hills of God's Creation!  What a privilege we have to serve our God here!  Thanking God today for allowing me to have the best life ever!

No comments: