5/19/2008

Are you wrinkly?



Kid's say some of the silliest, oddest, yet truthful things. Today our seven year old Nicole was told to make her bed. This is a normal activity for her. Yet today she filled me in on a "tip". She told me, "Mom, making a bed is easy. All I have to do is make sure that the bedspread looks nice. I can leave the sheets all wrinkly underneath". At first I didn't say anything and then I thought, I just can't let me daughter only worry about what is seen. The underneath does matter. I was having horrible thoughts of what could happen if a child grew up only thinking about what people see. This is what the world teaches our kids. It was a great opportunity to talk about what is inside our heart even though on the outside we are smiling and seem to be happy. I also had to exam some of the "wrinkly" things in my own life. I learn so much from my kids. Or should I say, I'm learning along with my kids.

No comments: