7/18/2008

Our girls!



I thought I'd take the time to tell you all about the girls. Both are doing extremely well. They have enjoyed a week at the Texas border the beginning of June. They had fun shopping, swimming and eating at their favorite places like Taco Bell!! We had two gals that I've mentioned in an earlier blog that came and visited us for two weeks. That was a lot of fun for my girls. All of us girls stayed up late several nights while Myranda and Lauren were here and we played Dutch Blitz. We had some pretty close games!! Monday the girls will begin piano!!! Natalie has been on a recess of sorts since we returned to Mexico a year ago. Nicole is starting piano classes this time around! She has really enjoyed practicing so far but it has only been a couple of days!!! In August the girls will start basketball again. Both girls have been missing their friends from basketball. It is good exercise and great opportunities! We have been doing Math all summer. Both girls are very good in Math so we are working ahead. Nicole picks things up pretty quickly. I think having two older sibblings helps. Speaking of sibs. Nathaniel (Nate) is doing great in the States. He is working for Purdue University this summer on a maintenance crew for one of the dorms. It is very physical work and no airconditioning! He has had great opportunities to share his testimony this summer. Nathaniel still has two years left in college. After he finishes his undergrad at Purdue he plans on attending Seminary. We really miss Nathaniel and can't wait for him to get here for his Christmas break!! We have already purchased his ticket!! My parents will also come for a visit over the holidays!! We are so thrilled to have family coming! Hopefully this brings you up to speed with our children. They are growing up so fast. Natalie will be a freshman in highschool this fall and Nicole will be in the second grade. It doesn't seem possible!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Yay, so glad to find your blog again...lost all my favorites in the transition to the States! Bummer! Wow, I can't believe Natalie is going to be in H.S. already. Just out of curiosity, do you guys do math every day or what does that summer school schedule look like? I ask b/c that might be something I consider for the future. One of my goals for furlough is to reorganize the way I plan to do school...and we all know that I am NOT an organized person by nature, so this 6 mos. of planning will be really good for me! :) Summer is pretty hectic for us, but I think we could work in some school and it would take pressure of during the year...good idea! Thanks! Miss ya!

Molly said...

AAAAAAAh, I just read your comment on Kandie's blog that you'll be here in Oct.!!!! I don't know how I missed that info before, but I'm doing a happy jig! Can't wait to see you all! Can you pack Jim and Ruth's family in your bags and bring them with you, too?!?! :)