7/30/2008

Super Hubby!!



I just have to brag on my hubby!!! This month we celebrated 23 years of marriage!!! It has truly been the best 23 years of my life!! Sure, we've had our bumps along the way, but we've had a lot more smoothness the longer we've been married!

This past week Sam did something that I know most men would never do for their wives. He grilled in the rain. I mean it was a down pour. We got over an inch and a half of rain in an hour. This is normal for us during rainy season. Unfortunately, the down pour started right when we needed to grill. We had saved up space in our bellies for this meal of chicken, grilled onions and cactus. Yum, yum! We also had guests over; Jim, Ruth Hornbrook, their kids and Ruth's twin sister, Becky. Most husbands would tell their wives to use Plan B and not grill in the rain. But not Sam!! The funniest thing is that the rain stopped immediately after the grilling was done. I'm not kidding. The food was heavenly...including the cactus. If you haven't had grilled cactus then you are really missing out in life! Sam very often sacrifices his comforts for others. When he is dead beat tired, he takes Nicole for a bike ride. When he is exhausted from a day at Seminary because he started his day at 4:45; he will take us to the Mall. I'm so thankful for my husband and I hope the Lord gives us many more years together!!!

No comments: