5/31/2009

Catching up!

It has been an interesting week to say the least. We started out the week by taking out our old wall oven unit. This is a leftover project from our kitchen remodel that we did nearly six years ago. We are kind of slow at getting all of our projects done! Plus I used the oven. Why? Well, long story, but my newer oven that I bought during the remodel never worked consistently. We bought a new fridge last winter and the wall oven would make the fridge come on since they were right next to each other. So, $150.00 dollars and six technicians later, we finally got the thermostat changed!!!!!!! So the old unit came out this week! This of course left an ugly hole in the wall. So, my wonderful husband, used all his carpentry skills, plus some new ones and built me a shelf to move our microwave up off the counter and into the new shelving unit!!!! Now, no kidding, I have doubled my countertop space!(didn't have much to begin with!) My sweet husband bought me a new microwave too!!!! Of course the cabinets needed painting after we noticed that we just couldn't paint the new shelving unit cause everything else looked horrible. You know how these projects get bigger and bigger!!! We did finish and I have to admit that my kitchen never looked so good!!

Anyway, on Thursday I was sitting at the computer when I experienced exteme pain in my chest and heart area. After suffering for nearly 30 minutes we went to the Emergency Room and had an EKG done. It came out clean. The Cardiologist suggested that I come back on Saturday and get thoroughly tested. I had a "stress test" done as well as an ultra sound on my heart. I was given a "clean bill of health". But we did learn that I have a valve that doesn't close like it should. This isn't the reason I experienced the pain that I did on Thursday. I also learned that I need to have a better routine of exercise as the bottom part of my heart looked "rigid" rather than flexible. We still don't know what caused the pain. I will admit that I got a "wake-up call". I've been reminded that my time here on earth could conclude at any moment. My daughters also were reminded of this. We had to leave Natalie and Nicole behind when we went to the hospital. I'm not sure which hurt worse, my chest or my "heart" when we left two teary eyed girls here at home when we rushed off.

Tomorrow we take off for a week at the Texas/Mexico border. We will be staying in Harlingen, Texas. My parents are taking the opportunity to fly down and meet us!!!! We are really looking forward to some Stateside eatin'!!!!!! And Mountain Dew!!!!!!

On the church front! We had 71 in attendance today! We now have plenty of space to put everyone and then some!!!!!! It is neat to see folks hang around and visit with one another!! This week again most of the church stayed and played volleyball. We didn't leave church until 3:00!! Please continue to pray for property for us!

2 comments:

Kandie Stilwell said...

Praying for you my long time friend, let's keep it that way! Enjoy your time at the border, I know your parents are anxious to see you. Love to you all.

The Goodman's said...

I understand the Mountain Dew thing. I haven't had any since i found out I was pregnant with Rebecca and then continued to not have any after she was born due to breastfeeding. Now that we are done with that, I have been back to enjoying Mountain Dew again.