2/05/2009

Looking Back With Grace

Yesterday I wrote a note on my Facebook page of 25 random things about me. I thought it would be interesting to make a list of 10 Life Changing Events. I chose to put this on my blog to give more space for grace! I know it can be painful to look back but we should chose to look back and see all of God's grace in our life!

10 Life Changing Events

1. Adoption- I have to start here. I'm so thankful that God placed me in a Christian home. I'm also thankful that my natural mother chose LIFE for me!

2. Death of my adoptive mother. When I was 9 my mother passed away with cancer. It was through her death that I came to know the Lord. My mother's testimony in death gave me life in Christ.

3. Piano NOT- Sports YES. I wish now that I worked harder on piano when I had a chance when I was younger but I did develop discipline through sports. I'm so thankful for all the coaches I had through my sports playing years. I learned to work as a TEAM!

4. The Wilds Camp. The Wilds Camp was a perfect fit for me. My love for sports and a Christian atmosphere to do it in was awesome. I also saw college students on fire for the Lord. I so appreciated their enthusiasm. Their energy is something I've carried with me since the first time I went to camp.

5. Teaching Evangelines. What an honor to even have been chosen. I'm so thankful to Mrs. Goode and the opportunity she gave me back in '81 to teach in the Wednesday Clubs. My desire to teach children and come along folks began then when I was 19.

6. Purdue University. I really loved my time at Purdue. My eyes were opened to the "ways of man". I think Purdue was an excellent training ground for missions. I'm also thankful for Dr. Smith and Leona, and Joe and Susan Blake and their leadership in the College Group there at Faith during those years.

7. Marriage. Need I say more. I'm so thankful for my husband. I love him for his desire to please God in everything he does. He is definitely my best friend!

8. First child. I truly began to appreciate my parents more when I too became a parent. This appreciation has grown as my children have grown. My life has been better since God chose to bless us with our children. I'm so thankful for each of them and I've grown tremendously as a result of them.

9. Deputation Journey. Raising support is not a fun thing to do but the lessons we learned along the way have made us better. We had to grow to Trust God, His Timing, His Provision and His Plan. Waiting is never easy but once the wait is over I truly believe we are able to handle life better because of what we learned while being patient.

10. Arrival to Mexico. The first year on the field was way harder than the first year of marriage and that was hard enough in our case. For the first time in my life I had to depend on God and His Word for my source of "food". I didn't have Christian Radio. I didn't have my pastor preaching every week in English. I was too sick to do much but read my bible and pray. I'm thankful for this difficult time in my life because I learned that all we truly need in life is GOD. He is my reason to live!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your last statement touches me the most. That is what I have learned over the last few years. All I need is GOD. He is the reason I breathe and live. My only true strength. Thanks for updating your blog. Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Dios te Bendiga Por todo lo que haces, y gracias por permitirme ver tus fotografias y escribir tanto acerca de tu iglesia y mis oraciones estaran por siiempre para que la obra de Nuestro Senor siga creciendo y gracias a Dios por permitirnos trabajar para su obra. Dios te Bendiga en Cia. de toda tu Iglesia.